Friday, February 4, 2011

Foodie Friday!

Good Afternoon everyone! So before we get onto todays recipe, I wanted to have a quick chat about something that's been on my mind lately. It relates to both diet and fitness. It also has to do with resolutions. Now that we've hit February, many of us start to flag on our goals that we've set for ourselves. Our disappointment mounts and soon, most of the moxie we started with has disappeared. I was reflecting on why this occurs year after year. I think part of the answer lies in our expectations to be perfect. We have little to no grace for ourselves. The odd thing about this is that we don't carry these same expectations for others. I would be nuts to expect my husband, children or friends to be perfect all the time and never blow it. At the same time, I can beat myself up endlessly for having a night of thoughtless munching. Now I can't speak for the male half of this equation but I truly feel this is an issue many women struggle with.  So this is where grace steps in. News Flash: We aren't perfect and nor should we be. The goals we set need to be attainable and we need to have realistic expectations.  So when we have those missteps along the journey, we can see them for what they are and move on. In the coming weeks I'm going to be blogging particularly about strategies for over eating, but covering all this is being kind to ourselves. Lets stop the negative self talk. That's a resolution I'm game to try!

Thanks for sitting through that rant, now onto the recipe. I'm always on the lookout for quick meal ideas that also help satisfy the major sweet tooth that I possess! I came across this one and loved it so I pass it onto you! I'll be making this often to help abate the late night munchies:)




Chocolate Banana Blitz:)
Serves 2

Ingredients:
1 Banana
1 heaping tbsp of cocoa powder
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 cup skim milk
8 ice cubes

Add all the ingredients to your blender, blend and enjoy!
About the protein powder, I really prefer real whole foods in my diet but I do like them for those times when I simply don't have the chance to get in the real foods I need. 

Have a great day, and enjoy your weekend!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment