Thursday, February 9, 2012

Resolution Recharge Day 7! Diet Day

So yesterday we took a moment to talk about motivation and what it is that drives us to take care of our health. Today we're moving onto what we're fueling our bodies with. Keep in mind that I'm not a nutritionist. I've taken multiple nutrition courses, and I make it a point be as informed as possible on the latest, greatest diet research. This advice is based on what works for me and from my own personal experience. If you have any questions, I can answer to the best of my knowledge but please consult a dietitian if you want some serious advice on overhauling your diet. So today we're going to start a dialogue on diet.

My First Tip is EAT BREAKFAST!! Yes, I yelled that at you. It really is that important. Think of your metabolism as a furnace. Food is the fire. If you wait until 10am before anything hits your stomach, you've wasted precious calorie burning time. Eating a healthy breakfast also sets up your eating pattern for the day. So ditch the donut and go for a healthy mix of carbs, protein, and fat. Think, high fiber and low sugar. Here are some of my favorites...

Eggs with tomato slices and one piece of high fiber bread.

Steel cut oatmeal with berries and a few almonds.

High fiber bread (5 grams is awesome!) with peanut butter and apple slices.

Greek yogurt with grapes and celery (weird but good)

Now, I'm getting hungry:) Hopefully one of these will inspire you in the morning. If you have any great healthy breakfast ideas, post them to the comment section or on my facebook page. Let's share our knowledge!

Come back tomorrow for a favorite snack recipe! Easy and delicious!
Sarah


3 comments:

  1. Rachel never wants to share but I have a carrot, celery, flax, frozen berries, and sometimes some tomato or other random stuff blended every morning. If I don't have it I feel unhealthy....er.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Job Mike! You'll get Rachel on board one day! I love smoothies!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the celery idea, I bet a little bit of walnuts in that yogurt would be incredible. I have been eating a hard boiled egg with yogurt and either green grapes or mixed berries for the last while and it keeps me full all morning. Love your blogs, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete